In addition to our undergraduate degrees in chemistry (BS, BA, and Chemistry Minors are available), we have several options for students interested in a Masters in Chemistry:
- Standard MS – Thesis and non-thesis tracks
- MS in Polymer and Coating Science – Thesis and non-thesis tracks
- Combined BS/MS for DePaul Undergraduate Students.
Our MS courses are offered at night because we recognized that MS students may be working during the day as their take their courses. Many MS students also TA labs or tutor students at DePaul. Several of our MS students do research in various research groups in the department. If they are on the thesis track, they write a thesis and give a thesis defense at the end of their time here.
Our MS students come from a variety of locations and backgrounds, and go on to get PhDs in chemistry, go into chemical industry, or go into a variety of other jobs such as teaching at local community colleges.
Applications to our program are accepted three times a year: August 1st for Autumn Quarter, December 1st for Winter Quarter, and March 1st for Spring Quarter.
You can also come and ask questions at the quarterly DePaul Graduate Program Open House events. The next one is this Thursday, October 13th, from 5-7 pm in room 120 in the Student Center on the Lincoln Park Campus at 2250 N Sheffield Ave.
We have highlighted a few of our current and former our MS students in the past, to learn more check out the following posts:
- Aeshah Niyazi: MS Student of DePaul Chemistry
- Edgar Crespo: MS Student of DePaul Chemistry
- JoAnn Girel: MS Student of Chemistry
- Myles Edwards: MS Student of DePaul Chemistry
- Teresa Spann: MS Student of DePaul Chemistry
- Casey Murphy: MS Student of DePaul Chemistry
- An Introduction to our MS Student Profile Series